How to Get Rid Of Cockroaches!
Cockroaches are huge problem in the South. It doesn’t necessarily mean you have a dirty home. But, if you are searching for how to get rid of cockroaches in Nashville or other cities in Tennessee; read on! We will talk to you about how to prevent cockroaches, how to get rid of them and how to keep them gone!
Common species of cockroaches include; Madagascar Hissing Roach, German Roach, Brown Cockroach and the American Roach. What do cockroaches eat? One typical thing we find that cockroaches eat is your trash! Cockroaches breed quickly and easily, especially in water-infested areas. The best defense is a solid offense. Keeping cockroaches away is the easiest way to not deal with them.
Here is the overview on how to get rid of cockroaches:
[list line=”no” style=”style2″]
- Check at night- Cockroaches are active at night. A quick trip to the kitchen when it’s dark and turning on the lights will let you see if there is activity from the cockroaches.
- Over-the-counter baits- A temporary fix is the over-the-counter bait traps available at your favorite store.
- Call a professional- To get rid of cockroaches and really keep them gone, calling in a professional like Absolute Pest Control, is your best bet. Click here to ask questions!
- Clean up water- Standing water or leaks can provide the water necessary for life forms to survive. Do periodic checks of pipes to see if you have any extra water leaking.
- Keep eating in the kitchen or dining room- When you eat all over the house, there is an increase of food scraps and particles being left behind. Kids bedrooms are especially at risk. If you eat in areas other than the kitchen and dining room, be sure to have a clean up plan that really gets all crumbs up. Those tiny bits can feed cockroaches.
- Watch for hitchhikers- Did you get a deal on a stand up pantry on Craigslist or you favorite Facebook group? Do a thorough examination of the entire piece before bringing it into your home. If possible (weather permitting) leave it outdoors for a day or two to make sure you have no hitchhikers.
Tips after you have gotten rid of the cockroaches:
[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Keep home tidy- Clean up crumbs and keep trash collected in bins with lids.
- Look for clues- Check for unfriendly house guests periodically
- Have a routine treatment program-
- Routine treatment, like our bi-monthly Platinum Protection Plan, will keep your house cockroach and pest free. Compare the pests that are covered in our package by clicking here. You can see we provide the best protection with the highest value.
That’s how to get rid of cockroaches in Nashville and surrounding areas like, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Brentwood, Franklin, Antioch and much more. Looking for your city? Click here!
Here is our other article about how to get rid of cockroaches fast and keep them gone!
Our trained and fully screened technicians can assist you in any of your pest control needs including cockroaches. We also offer a FREE annual termite inspection! Call us today for more details 615-220-1933 or 615-650-0070!
Follow us on Facebook: Here!