FAQ: How Long Does Termite Treatment Last?
In the United States homeowners spend approximately $5 Billion annually for termite treatment every year. That is approximately 600,000 homes! After spending that much on treatment many clients ask, How Long Does Termite Treatment Last?
Length of Treatment
Most liquid termite treatment solutions last between 3 to 5 years. Some new chemical solutions are rumored to last 10 years. However, that length of time means you can never stop having your home inspected. At least, if you want to protect your largest investment.
- Scientists believe that most termite species eat 2 or 3 percent of their body weight each day.
- A single termite queen can lay 30,000 eggs in a day if conditions are right.
- A termite colony eats…24 hours a day – they never stop!
- An active and healthy termite queen can live 25 years. (That is a lot of years of reproducing!)
- The estimated number of active termite species alive on the planet is 2,500!
Can You Treat Your Home Yourself
There are chemicals available for the average person to purchase and treat their own home for termites. But, should the average homeowner attempt it? No. Considering the expense in not treating your home or treating it incorrectly, you should not attempt termite treatment yourself. The chemicals can be very dangerous in untrained hands. Keeping chemicals safely out of the reach of children is another important factor.
About Absolute Pest Control
Absolute Pest Control is dedicated to making your home safe for you family. If you have a question about termite treatment or any other pest problem, please call us at 615-220-1933 or click HERE to email us.